Glimpse About Merchandising8:49 am
What is merchandising?
After 3 years studied about garment management, i found a specific skill in garment process that i'm interested in. That is merchandising process, a process which plan and count every needs end to end in production after a buyer gives orders for some apparels. A merchandiser counts the fabric needs, buttons, zippers, threads, decide the production time (how long the industry will finish the order), decide when the product must be shipped, count the cost end to end until decide how much apparels per box and how much boxes per container (for Shipping). A very complicated job, isn't it?
According to Mr. Ars Khan's opinion, these are a merchandiser's key responsibility:
- Product Development
- Market and product Analysis
- Selling the concept
- Booking orders
- Confirming Deliveries
- Designing and Sampling
- Raw Material
- Flow Monitoring
- Production Follow Ups
- Payments Follows
- Internal & external communication,
- Lab dips
- Accessories & trims
- Preparing internal order sheets
- Preparing purchase orders
- Advising and assisting production,
- Advising quality department about quality level
- Mediating production and quality departments
- Giving shipping instructions and following shipping,
- Helping documentation department
- Taking responsibility for inspections and
- Following up the shipment.
Why is merchandising is necessary in nearly every business venture?